01 November 2007

Book list - Oct 07

To the Last Salute: Memories of an Austrian U-Boat Commander - memoirs, by Georg von Trapp*
Un Lun Dun - modern fantasy, by China MiƩville
Moominpappa at Sea - children's fantasy, by Tove Jansson
Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature - YA, by Robin Brande
Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature - YA, by Robin Brande
Tight Lines - mystery, by William G Tapply
A Long Way from Chicago - YA, by Richard Peck
A Year Down Yonder - YA, by Richard Peck (Newbery Medal, 2001)
The Golden Compass (aka Northern Lights) - fantasy, by Philip Pullman (Carnegie Medal, 1995)
Mimi and Toutou's Big Adventure: The Bizarre Battle of Lake Tanganyika - WW I, by Giles Foden
Crossroads of Time - SF, by Andre Norton
The Subtle Knife - fantasy, by Philip Pullman
The Wheel on the School - children's, by Meindert DeJong (Newbery Medal, 1955)

13 books this month. Tapply, Norton and both Pullmans were rereads; Jansson may also have been, though I don't think so. (It's been 35-40 years since I read any of the Moomintroll books, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't one of the ones I read.)

No, that's not a mistake in the list - I really did read Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature twice in a row. Good book. One of the best I've read all year. Heartily recommended.

And the two Newbery Medal winners bring my total thus far up to 31 of 86.


* Yes. That Georg von Trapp.

No comments: