28 February 2007

Bleah

This blog has been kind of dead the last few weeks - mainly 'cos I've been feeling that way myself. Last Friday was the first day in a week and a half that I didn't get home from work wanting nothing more than to collapse in bed. (I had four days off during that period, and except for taking my daughter to school, getting something to eat, and performing other necessary evolutions I stayed in bed the whole day.)

Don't even remember the last time I was this sick - has to have been back when I was a kid sometime. Actually, my wife says I had it easy while I was in the Navy; I was around the same group of people all the time, and we immunized ourselves to each other's germs fairly quickly. Now that I'm working in the store, though, I'm around a lot more people, picking up strange bugs all the time. And since I'm spending a lot more time at home, I'm also more susceptible to what the kids bring home from school, and the wife brings home from where she works.

So now I've come down with another cold already....

Coming up: Seasickness, noses, snake eaters, tourists, more on bunks, and familygrams and e-mail.

1 comment:

Dave S. said...

Seasickness! I remember a JO losing his lunch down the #2 periscope well once. Funny stuff...but not for the poor non-qual that had to clean it up!