01 January 2014

Book list - Oct-Dec 2013

Momo - children's fantasy, by Michael Ende
Call of Duty: A Montana Girl in World War II - WWII memoirs, by Grace Porter Miller
The California Voodoo Game - SF, by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes
Duck the Halls - mystery, by Donna Andrews
The Moon Maze Game - SF, by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes
The Last Present - children's, by Wendy Mass
He Went with Marco Polo - children's historical fiction, by Louise Andrews Kent
Evolution - SF, by Stephen Baxter
Sea of Gray: The Around-the-World Odyssey of the Confederate Raider Shenandoah - USCW, by Tom Chaffin
Fellowship of Fear - thriller, by Aaron Elkins
Arctic Rising - SF thriller, by Tobias S Buckell
The Dark Place - mystery, by Aaron Elkins *
The Moonshine War - thriller, by Elmore Leonard *
Burning Paradise - AH/SF, by Robert Charles Wilson
Murder in the Queen's Armes - mystery, by Aaron Elkins *
The Time Traveller's Guide to Elizabethan England - British history, by Ian Mortimer


16 books last quarter, of which three were rereads (marked with asterisks). While this was the first time I'd actually read He Went with Marco Polo, my fifth-grade teacher read it to us in class - making it the only book that I can actually remember anyone's ever reading to me. (My sister taught me to read when I was three, and my earliest memories are from when I was four. I have no reason to doubt that my mother and sisters read to me when I was younger, as they say they did; I just don't remember it.)

No comments: