01 November 2006

Books, books, books

I'm a member of several Yahoo! reading groups. I don't always read the books the groups have selected each month - in fact, I usually don't - but that's what started my keeping track of what books I do finish each month. When I began this blog, back in July, I only had the lists back to April, but last night I went back through the group archives and found the lists I had posted since last summer. So here's the list of books I read earlier. (Not necessarily in order; in the beginning I wasn't as meticulous at logging each book as I finished it, so the lists were made at the end of the month as I thought back on what I'd read.)

Aug 05

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - fantasy, by J K Rowling
Castaways in Lilliput - children's, by Henry Winterfeld
Rocket Ship Galileo - SF, by Robert A Heinlein*
Space Cadet - SF, by Robert A Heinlein*
Red Planet - SF, by Robert A Heinlein*
Farmer in the Sky - SF, by Robert A Heinlein*
Biggest Brother - biography, by Larry Alexander
Seven Roads to Hell - WWII memoirs, by Donald Burgett

Sep 05

The Protectors War - AH, by S M Stirling
The Year 1000 - British history, by Robert Lacey and Danny Danziger
The Road to Arnhem - WWII memoirs, by Donald R Burgett

Oct 05

The Hallowed Hunt - fantasy, by Lois McMaster Bujold
Designated Targets - AH, by John Birmingham
Memory and the Mediterranean - ancient history, by Fernand Braudel
The Star Beast - SF, by Robert A Heinlein*
Starman Jones - SF, by Robert A Heinlein*
The Way Back - SF, by A Bertram Chandler*
Gateway to Never - SF, by A Bertram Chandler*

Nov 05

A slow month, mostly due to an on-line RPG that friends and I started up; I didn't finish a single book that month.

Dec 05

The Long Hot Summoning - urban fantasy, by Tanya Huff*
The Rolling Stones - SF, by Robert A Heinlein*

Jan 06

Midshipman Bolitho - historical fiction, by Alexander Kent
Over Sea, Under Stone - fantasy, by Susan Cooper
Yeomen of the Cotswolds - family history, by Eleanor Porter and Mary Abbott
Howl's Moving Castle - fantasy, by Diana Wynne Jones
Castle in the Air - fantasy, by Diana Wynne Jones
She Walks These Hills - mystery/ghost story, by Sharyn McCrumb*

Feb 06

If Ever I Return, Pretty Peggy-O - mystery, Sharyn McCrumb*
The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter - mystery, Sharyn McCrumb
The Rosewood Casket - mystery, Sharyn McCrumb

Mar 06

Another slow month, during which I didn't finish any books. People who knew me back in high school would be utterly shocked that such a thing could happen even once, let alone twice in less than half a year.


* This book was a reread.

No comments: