11 July 2008

Four things....

I've had variations on this one e-mailed to me several times in recent weeks. Rather than keep sending it on its way, I'm just going to post it here. (Besides, that lets me include links....)

Four places I've lived:
1. Eaton Rapids, Michigan
2. Waukegan, Illinois
3. Groton, Connecticut
4. Dunoon, Argyll

Four jobs I've held:
1. Orderly in a nursing home
2. Chef's helper in a Chinese restaurant
3. Baker
4. Submarine radioman

Four favourite actors:
1. James Garner
2. Sean Connery
3. Tommy Lee Jones
4. Brendan Fraser

Four favourite actresses:
1. Katharine Hepburn
2. Maureen O'Hara
3. Carol Burnett
4. Hayley Mills

Four movies I can watch again and again:
1. Billy Jack
2. 1776
3. Silverado
4. Oscar

Four favourite authors:
1. Arthur Ransome
2. Andre Norton
3. Poul Anderson
4. S M Stirling

Four books I can read again and again:
1. Swallows and Amazons, by Arthur Ransome
2. Tarzan of the Apes, by Edgar Rice Burroughs
3. Alas, Babylon, by Pat Frank
4. Metzger's Dog, by Thomas Perry

Four favourite foods:
1. Venison
2. Pizza (especially pizza quattro stagioni)
3. Haggis, neeps and tatties
4. Pies of Paris

Four favourite snacks:
1. Bananas
2. Chocolate
3. Potato chips/crisps
4. Doughnuts

Four places I go over and over:
1. Work
2. Public library
3. Dunkin' Donuts
4. Commissary

Four websites I visit often:
1. MOD Defence News
2. The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)
3. Fantastic Fiction
4. VictoriaCross.org

Four Five blogs I can't live without
1. Jen Robinson's Book Page
2. The LawDog Files
3. The Stupid Shall Be Punished
4. Tetrapod Zoology (its original rendition can be found here)
5. View from the Porch
(why, yes, I did have a lot of trouble narrowing this one down....)

Four places I've been on vacation:
1. Lafayette, Indiana
2. Shenandoah National Park
3. Niagara Falls
4. Independence National Historical Park

Four places I'd like to be:
1. Scotland
2. Slovenia
3. The Lake District
4. Rome

Four places I'd not like to be:
1. Hawai`i
2. Subic Bay
3. Berkeley, California
4. Iraq

Four organisations I've belonged to:
1. National Rifle Association (NRA)
2. Mensa (both American and British)
3. Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA)
4. American Legion


Note: Yes, I've updated this a time or two since it was originally posted, as I receive different variants on the original e-mail which inspired this.

No comments: