20 December 2006

Don't fix it if it ain't broke

From here:
Over the weekend, comics industry news site Newsarama reported that Archie Comics will adopt a new style, altering the basic appearance of Archie and the rest of the Riverdale gang for the first time in...well, ever, as far as I can tell.

-----

Comics fans have been voicing skepticism, mostly along the lines of "it if aint [Dan] DeCarlo style, it just ain't Archie to me," but there've also been some more substantial concerns raised: "Archie seemingly has a normal everyday physique, while B&V look like twigs that could snap in two," says one commenter. "I realize that comic books aren't known for their realistic anatomy, but comics like this specifically designed to court younger, and female, readers really should take care to not indoctrinate such a double standard."


Here's a picture (taken from the above site) of the new Betty and Veronica, with old pictures provided for those of you who've forgotten what they look like.

Ick.


Thank you, Betsy.

1 comment:

Dave S. said...

Yuk. Don't like the new gals. I liked their little button noses...the new ones are too sharp looking.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still introduce 'em to my Jughead.