01 December 2008

Book List - Nov 08

Dig for a Treasure - children's, by Dean Marshall *
Up and Down the Scratchy Mountains - children's, by Laurel Snyder
Women Sailors and Sailors' Women: An Untold Maritime History - nautical history, by David Cordingly
Frindle - children's, by Andrew Clements
Foundation - SF, by Isaac Asimov *
Master & Commander - historical fiction, by Patrick O'Brian
The Owl Service - YA fantasy, by Alan Garner (Carnegie Medal, 1967)
Torpedo Run - WWII fiction, by Douglas Reeman
The Wizard's Apprentice - YA fantasy, by S P Somtow
Letters from Rapunzel - children's, by Sara Lewis Holmes
The Crossroads - children's ghost story, by Chris Grabenstein
Joyful Noise: Poems for Two Voices - children's poetry, by Paul Fleischman (Newbery Medal, 1989)
The Not-So-Star-Spangled Life of Sunita Sen - YA, by Mitali Perkins
Fire on the Waters - historical fiction, by David Poyer


Only 14 books this month - there would have been more, but I got hung up on a couple of books (the O'Brian and the Poyer) that I was determined to finish but which didn't really hold my attention. Asterisks mark the two rereads. I reached my goal of 208 books this year sometime around the 22nd (wasn't paying attention), with The Wizard's Apprentice.

The one Newbery Medal winner brings my total thus far up to 69 of 87, and the one Carnegie Medal winner brings me up to 12 of 69.

No comments: