01 February 2009

Book list - Jan 09

Boston Jane - YA historical fiction, by Jennifer L Holm
Silent Steel: The Mysterious Death of the Nuclear Attack Sub USS Scorpion - naval history, by Stephen Johnson
Dead Girl Walking - YA, by Linda Joy Singleton
Dead Time - mystery, by Eleanor Taylor Bland
A Visit to William Blake's Inn: Poems for Innocent and Experienced Travelers - children's poetry, by Nancy Willard (Newbery Medal, 1982)
Sub: An Oral History of US Navy Submarines - naval history, by Mark Roberts
Slow Burn - mystery, by Eleanor Taylor Bland
Gone Quiet - mystery, by Eleanor Taylor Bland
Sister Light, Sister Dark - YA fantasy, by Jane Yolen
White Jenna - fantasy, by Jane Yolen
Savage Wilderness - historical fiction, by Harold Coyle
The Lost Island of Tamarind - YA, by Nadia Aguiar
Letters from Rifka - children's historical fiction, by Karen Hesse
Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians - YA, by Brandon Sanderson


14 books this month, with no rereads. To reach my goal of 209 books this year, I'll have to average 17.417 per month, so I'm currently a little behind track, but I have faith in my ability to catch up.

The one Newbery Medal winner brings my total thus far up to 71 of 88; I'm still at 13 of 69 Carnegie Medal winners.

No comments: