17 February 2010

Top 100 Children's Novels: 65-56

The next two installments (65-61 and 60-56) of Betsy Bird's "Top 100 Children's Novels" list are up at A Fuse #8 Production.

I've read A Long Way from Chicago (by Richard Peck, #64 on the list), Gone-Away Lake* (Elizabeth Enright, #63) and Number the Stars** (Lois Lowry, #56).

I've read a lot of Nancy Drew mysteries, but I'm not sure if I've read The Secret of the Old Clock ("Caroline Keene," #62) or not. Nor am I certain if I've read Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (Beverly Cleary, #57), though I know I've read at least a couple of books in that series.

Eric Carpenter has posted an analysis of the trends and results of this poll, from #100 through #71, at What We read and What We Think.







* I really should have put this one on my top-ten list, instead of the Enright I did include (Spiderweb for Two).
** Newbery Medal winner.

No comments: