03 September 2006

Cool characters


If you've looked at the monthly reading lists I've been posting, you've probably noticed that I read a lot of children's books. Arthur Ransome, Enid Blyton, Clifford B Hicks, Lucy M Boston, Elizabeth Enright, Dean Marshall, Tove Jansson, Jim Kjelgaard, Edward Eager, Julie Campbell, Robert Lawson, C S Lewis - I love 'em all.

The other day, whilst doing a little web-surfing, I found a couple of interesting lists:
200 Cool Girls from Children's Literature
175 Cool Boys from Children's Literature
If you have (or know) children or grandchildren who like to read, or if you still read kids' books yourself, these lists are definitely worth checking out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for linking to my lists!! I love these authors and characters, too. And thanks for all of your great suggestions, too.