21 September 2006

Yo, ho, ho

Found this little tidbit about a new bar in London:
"The Rum Bar does just what it says on the tin. It serves rum… by the gallon. And it serves every rum known to man. Rums from all around the world. Well, at least from all around the Caribbean. Yum yum."

Looks like I'll have to add that to my list of places to visit if I ever get to go to London. Right after the Imperial War Museum, say. Maybe before the museum, too.

Various brands of Puerto Rican rum are the most common here in the States, but I don't care much for them - my taste runs more to Jamaican rum, such as Myers's. Mount Gay, from Barbados, is really good, too. But the best rum I ever had in my life was Lemon Hart Demerara rum, from Guyana. Unfortunately, while I never had trouble finding it in Scotland, I haven't seen it in any stores in this country. But I keep hoping....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wonder if they dare to offer 80% Stroh rum from Austria (that 160 proof)

servus

markus

Anonymous said...

Temporarily out of stock,

clickety click...

Anonymous said...

OBTW.

I also agree with your assessment of Meyers & Mount Gay, they're both in my liquor locker.

DBF

!!RM2(SS)

RM1(SS) (ret) said...

flem snopes said...
Temporarily out of stock,

clickety click...


Yeah, I've seen their web page. I'd just rather not have to pay the shipping cost in addition to the actual cost of the rum....