27 October 2006

Try this one....

This one comes from Fuse #8:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig around for that "cool" or "intellectual" book on your shelves. (I know you were thinking about it.) Just pick up whatever is closest.

Okay:

"Suppose you sit down here and try your luck, Mr de Forrest. It was close. It couldn't have been an earth station."
"Feed back?"

Don't suppose anybody can tell me what book that was....

(Hey, it could have been worse. If I'd looked to my right, instead of to my left, I would have ended up with the Civilization IV player's manual.)

2239 28 Nov: Just for the record, the book I was using was Four Frontiers, an SFBC collection containing four of Heinlein's Juveniles - Rocket Ship Galileo, Space Cadet, Red Planet and Farmer in the Sky. The quote was from the beginning of chapter 14 of Rocket Ship Galileo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok - one minr change to these ruls .. i graped ne next ENGLISH language book .. 8-)

The soldiers were polite. They ordered the employees to leave, and they did. Then uniformed, armed soldiers began operating the equipment.

"Now we see only what they want us to see", Brother Wu said.

Nancy Kress, Probabilty: Space