01 April 2007

Book list - Mar 07

Nervous Water - mystery, by William G Tapply
Grave Peril - modern fantasy, by Jim Butcher
Var the Stick - SF, by Piers Anthony
Summer Knight - modern fantasy, by Jim Butcher
Neq the Sword - SF, by Piers Anthony
Dead Winter - mystery, by William G Tapply
First Light - mystery, by Philip R Craig and William G Tapply
The Intimidators - spy fiction, by Donald Hamilton
The Women Who Lived for Danger: The Agents of the Special Operations Executive - WW II, by Marcus Binney
Across the Wall - fantasy (short stories), by Garth Nix
A Fine Line - mystery, by William G Tapply
A Beautiful Place to Die - mystery, by Philip R Craig

The Hamilton was the only reread; all the others were new to me. And yep - the computer's fixed, so I'm spending way too much time on it instead of reading....

I looked at a list of the Newbery Medal winners ("for the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children") yesterday. The first medal was awarded in 1922, for The Story of Mankind, by Hendrik Willem van Loon. That means there are 86 of them now - and I've only read eight. So this month I'm going to start reading the rest of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I recommend "What's So Great About America" by Dinesh D'Souza when your done with the 86 children's books. It is one of the most inspiring and motivating books I've ever read.