21 April 2007

Little old beauty queens with guns

Only one actually, but.... ZUI this article from Yahoo! News:
Venus Ramey, 82, confronted a man on her farm in south-central Kentucky last week after she saw her dog run into a storage building where thieves had previously made off with old farm equipment.

Ramey said the man told her he would leave. "I said, 'Oh, no you won't,' and I shot their tires so they couldn't leave," Ramey said.

She had to balance on her walker as she pulled out a snub-nosed .38-caliber handgun.

"I didn't even think twice. I just went and did it," she said. "If they'd even dared come close to me, they'd be 6 feet under by now."

Miss Ramey, born in Kentucky but representing the District of Columbia, was chosen as Miss America in 1944 - the first redhead to win the title.

No comments: