10 October 2008

X years ago

A meme: What were you doing 2, 5, 10 and 15 years ago?
2 years ago: Same thing I'm doing now - working at the store. Big difference then was that I had a computer with a working modem at home, so I didn't have to visit the library every time I wanted to do something on-line.

5 years ago: Happily unemployed. I'd just transferred to the Fleet Reserve a couple weeks before, so I was enjoying some time off whilst looking for a new job.

10 years ago: USS Providence (SSN 719). I'd returned home from deployment (Gulf and Med) a month and a half earlier, and was doing routine work aboard the boat.

15 years ago: USS Jacksonville (SSN 699). I'd gotten married a month before, and was still waiting for N to finish up affairs in CT and move down to Norfolk.

And just because I can, 20 years ago: USS Olympia (SSN 717). I was on my second WestPac, somewhere in the general vicinity of Japan.

If you read this, consider yourself tagged....

No comments: