02 January 2009

Libraries need more books!

I love it when the local public library buys books I've recommended. I was eleven for fourteen last year:
Louisiana's Song, by Kerry Madden
Jessie's Mountain, by Kerry Madden
Letters from Rapunzel, by Sara Lewis Holmes
Up and Down the Scratchy Mountains, by Laurel Snyder
The Crossroads, by Chris Grabenstein
Dead Girl Walking, by Linda Joy Singleton
The Dust of 100 Dogs, by A S King
The Eyes of a King, by Catherine Banner
Everything You Want, by Barbara Shoup
Palace of Mirrors, by Margaret Peterson Haddix
A La Carte, by Tanita S Davis

The books I recommended that they didn't order were Inside the Slidy Diner, also by Laurel Snyder; Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris, by R L LaFevers; and Wish: Wishing Traditions Around the World, by Roseanne Thong.

Does your public library lack books you think it should have? Go in and have a talk with the librarians about ordering them - maybe it will work for you, too. (I've already started a list of books I'm going to recommend this year.)

Update 0904 30 Jan: Moved A La Carte from the "not purchased" to the "purchased" list. Ten for thirteen!

Update 0910 4 Feb: Forgot to include The Dust of 100 Dogs when I first wrote this post. (How, I don't know - it was the one I was most interested in reading.) Eleven for fourteen!

2 comments:

BookChook said...

This is a great idea. I guess i always assumed my library people wouldn't listen to me. But I will give it a try.

A.S. King said...

I've just stumbled across this blog about 5 weeks late, but a hearty thank you is in order. Thank you! I hope you enjoy the book.

Amy