11 March 2010

Top 100 Children's Novels: 30-26

And the next installment (30-26) of Betsy Bird's "Top 100 Children's Novels" list is up at A Fuse #8 Production.

Once again, I've read four of the five: Winnie-the Pooh (by A A Milne, #30 on the list), The Dark Is Rising (Susan Cooper, #29), Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass (Lewis Carroll, counted as one book* at #27), and Hatchet (Gary Paulsen, #26).

After posting numbers 25-21, Betsy will start a) counting down one book per day, and b) taking people's guesses as to which books will be in the top ten. (I'm surprised Pooh and Alice weren't!) Eric, at What We Read and What We Think, has already post his current guess. I agree with five of them....

And of the 75 thus far:
Three (Swallows and Amazons, The Children of Green Knowe and Henry Huggins) were on my top-ten list;
I've read 40 (possibly 42) others;
I've seen the film version of one I haven't read;
and I'd never heard of seven of them (The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, The Thief, Love That Dog, My Father's Dragon, Stargirl, The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle and The BFG).












* Because they're so often published together as one book, and because so many people voted for them as one.

No comments: